Saturday, April 15, 2017

Peace Burger


The great thing about having a day off is the ability to meet up with friends for lunch. And that's just what Amalia, Caitlin, and I did the other day.  We met a Peace Burger in Grapevine for a burger and the chance to catch up.

I ordered a Sissy Burger - bacon, cheddar, mustard, mayo; condiments on the side.  Let's start with the bun, which is poppy seed.  I don't have anything against poppy seed buns, I just don't know how it enhances the taste of a burger.  Let's talk bacon!  You know it's one of my favorites and there's something about on a burger that is so delicious.  But one thing I have never thought about is the type of bacon and how it's cooked.  And I guess I've never thought about it because bacon on a burger is pretty consistent, right?  If I were to ask you how you picture bacon on your burger, it's probably a bit crispy and flat.  Not at Peace Burger.  It's on the chewy side and definitely not flat which made it more of a challenge to eat.  I ended up taking the bacon off of the burger - it just wasn't doing anything for me.  First time for everything. Overall, I'd say the burger was decent.  It felt like the temperatures of the components weren't matching.  It's not like the buns were super cold, but it's as though things just weren't coming together.  



We also ordered the 50/50, a basket of fries and onion rings.  The onion rings were made with white onions and really delicious.  Very flavorful and the perfect texture, slightly crispy.  The fries, however, were plain in my opinion.  If I were to go back, I would stick with just the onion rings.



When we first arrived our waitress was quite attentive.  That changed once we got our food.  It's almost like she forgot about us. So that was a bit disappointing as well.  At this point, I'm not sure if I would go back, at least for a burger.  Which is a bummer, because over the years, I've heard good things about Peace Burger.  But just maybe, I'll give it another chance someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment