Friday, March 24, 2017

Health Camp




The Circle is a bit legendary in Waco.  While I had eaten at The Elite years ago before it closed, I had never visited Health Camp.  So when I found myself in Waco for the Baylor Job Fair, I decided it would be a good time to visit and grab some lunch.  I knew it would definitely beat the sandwich in a box that would otherwise be provided for me.  Health Camp is one of those places you go to based on a recommendation; just driving by it would probably not entice you to stop.  You can walk up to to the window and order to go, or go inside to order and sit at one of the 10 tables.  Since I arrived at the end of the lunch rush, the wait for my food was not long at all.  And it was exactly what you would expect from an institution that's been around since 1949.  Burger, fries, and soda were less than $10 and filled me up. It's a good solid cheeseburger, served with a tomato slice, onions, and shredded lettuce (the one negative).  It comes with mustard, so if you're not a fan, be sure to let them know. The fries are good and basic, no fancy spices or seasonings. I did need ketchup just to add a bit of extra flavor.  If you're in driving through Waco and need a bite to eat, I'd say it's definitely worth the stop.  After all, it's a mom & pop place that's been around for close to eighty years.  That in itself deserves some attention and some celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment