Saturday, June 13, 2015

Boulevardier

When you see the write up about Boulevardiera French-inspired, neighborhood-friendly bistro, you don't think burger.  But this Bishop Arts bistro consistently shows up on Dallas' best burgers, and as we learned last night, for good reason.

Friday night is a busy time in the Bishop Arts District (you may want to consider making reservations), so we waited about 15 minutes at the bar. The bartender was helpful and friendly, making recommendations once he learned it was our first time at Boulevardier.  I don't remember the name of the beer, but it was sour & tangy and would compliment my burger perfectly.

After a short wait, these fabulous burgers and fries showed up at our table.  The presentation was great, although some may prefer their burger on an actual plate.  I liked the butcher block and the bucket of fries - something fun & different.


The fries were perfectly cooked,  Crispy, but soft on the inside and seasoned with a touch of black pepper.  Notice the pickles.  They were fabulous bread & butter pickles with that perfect crunchiness and tang. Tasty on the burger and by themselves.  I'm not really a tomato person so I didn't add it to my burger.  Plus, it was cut too thick for my tastes.

I ordered my burger medium and it was cooked to absolute perfection. The burger is a thick patty of grass-fed beef with a nice, just right char on the outside. and juicy on the inside.  The combination of house bacon, caramelized onions, and gruyere cheese just may be my favorite combo.  There really are no words to describe how yummy this was.  Even if you're not an onion person, these were done so well you just may not realize they're there.  The burger also comes with a garlic aioli you can add to your burger and that is a definite recommendation.  The patty is served on a pain au lait bun (again, delish!), but it's a lot of bread.  I ended up eating half of my burger sans bread and I'm so glad I did. The flavors were even more intense and delectable.

In addition to amazing food, Boulevardier provides wonderful service.  The staff was knowledgeable and very attentive.  Add that to delicious food and a creative cocktail menu, and Boulevardier is good option for a night out on the town.  And when the weather permits, you can hang out in Bishop Arts before or after dinner and even grab a piece of pie from Emporium


No comments:

Post a Comment