Friday, June 15, 2012

In-N-Out Burger

About six years ago, I made my first trip to California.  I was visiting one of my best friends, who had just moved out to the central coast, and I was excited to see her and experience the Golden State.  The very first place she took me?  In-N-Out Burger.  Now at this time, I wasn't quite the burger girl I am today, although I had heard of In-N-Out and knew it was a must-visit.  My initial reaction was favorable.  It was a really good burger, obviously made with fresh materials.  And the fries were pretty great, too!  So when the news broke that In-N-Out was making its way to Texas, I was pretty excited.  I chose not to visit In-N-Out until they had been open for awhile.  The buzz about this institution was phenomenal and the wait to get a burger was often a couple of hours.  Since In-N-Out's arrival to Dallas-Ft. Worth last year, I've only been a couple of times.  I have to be honest and admit, I don't really get all of the hype.  It's a good, decent burger for a fast food burger, and it's obviously made with quality ingredients.  But I haven't had one in Texas that really makes me want to make it a regular part of my life.  And a lot of times the french fries can help out an average burger.  The fries I've had both times were lackluster with a greasy taste (and not greasy in a good way).  Pretty disappointing.  I'm sure a lot of people think I'm crazy, but to me In-N-Out is justy another fast food place with a decent burger, but it's nothing to get excited about.  In fact, the one I would typically go to is within 5 minutes of both a Five Guys and a Smashburger.  So, if I have a say in the matter, hands down, I'm headed to Smashburger.  As far as chains go, they've got one of the best burgers and a variety of sides around.  Sorry California, maybe Trader Joe's will have a bigger impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment